Monday, August 30, 2010

angel art sketches

Welcome to my Blog!

I want to share my love for angels and fairies! These are only rough sketches on this page. I will have colored art coming soon. These are my favorite sketches so far. I have only a few at the moment and I wanted to post them for others who may be interested in my art. I love drawing, painting, and sculpting angels! If you have any ideas to share please let me know. I also draw portraits!

This drawing is my absolute favorite! It shows the the bond between the angels. It's like a mother angel with a child angel that are praying together. I tried to make the clouds form with the wings to represent a heart of love between them. It represents the bond of mother and daughter. Drawn in graphite May 2012.

These are my angels of nature. The guardian of the little ones watches them lovingly as they attend to the animals and plants around them. I adore sunflowers of all since the grow the highest as the try to reach the heavens. I definitely want to continue with this drawing in color. Drawn in graphite May 2010
This drawing I dedicated to all those who are like myself. I tend to struggle with my self image and self-esteem. There are great people out there that recognize your true beauty and potentials. Trust in them! They are like your angels on earth. My angel of confidence is my aunt Lynda. She taught me so much about myself and how to believe in your dreams! I could never thank her enough! Graphite June 2010

This drawing is the guardian angel of animals. I adore animals with all my heart. I have two great dogs that has passed away. One feisty beagle that loved digging and playing with bugs and one big hearted mastiff that was always there when you needed her. I dedicate this to all that lost more than just a pet. They are a member of our families. And I drew this as a reminder that they are still loved and cared for even when they are not here with us physically. Drawn in graphite June 2010
This is my angel of guidance. She is teaching a first time flier how to use his wings and soar. It reminds me of my first time a way from home. It was difficult at first but once I learned what I needed to do I could do things that I never thought I could do. Just like the time when you first learn how to ride a bicycle. This is also dedicated to all the great teachers out there that deserves some recognition. Drawn in graphite June 2010
Cats have their own guardians as well. I feel that a special friend whom has passed is now a guardian for the future cats. This drawing is dedicated to all cat lovers.I love them too. I tend to bond with even the strays. each one has a special place in my heart. I never have a favorite. I love them all! Drawn in graphite June 2010
I feel the same about cats as I do with dogs. They also become the guardians of the new puppies. They will always be a great companion. I love dogs as well, great or small. I've had two special dogs. I dedicate this drawing to dog lovers. How can anyone resist rubbing a dogs tummy or the feel of a wet nose in the morning to wake you. In my future I want to help as many dogs as I can. I plan on shelter adoption. Drawing in graphite June 2010.
This is my earth angel who is lovingly cradling a young fox. I love the natives teachings of mother earth. and earth spirits. I am very open to all cutural beliefs. This one is special to me. It reminds me of caring for our mother earth and all of her creations. I feel too many animal species are suffering and declining. I hope there are others who are inspired by my earth angel. Drawing July 2010
This drawing goes out to those who feel as they don't belong and out of place. Trust me I know how it feels, I haven't been very popular in my teen years. It took me along time (up to this day) to not worry about it. There are great people I have met. I have great friends now that always makes me feel welcome all the time. I want to thank them for understanding me even through my rough times: Ande, Mary. Brandy, Lurdes, Moni Bailey, Julianne, Steve and many others. All my friends are my angels. Drawn July 2010
This is just angel I thought up. She is an angel that sends her messages through her winged friends. She lets you know that she hears your prayers by sending you a wonderful song bird or butterfly. She is one I want to work on in color and a nice background. This is to all bird or butterfly lovers. I like to believe they are all heaven sent. This was an earlier drawing from late April 2010
How can anyone resist the innocence of a little cherub. I love little cherubs and their sweet little faces. I love children and is probably the reason I am drawn to cherubs. I wanted to capture the feel of the excitement of a child when they first encounter something that seems magical to them. My cherub is excited to meet this little bird for the first time! This was a more recent drawing wich will also be worked on further in color. I was just excited to show off the idea first. Drawn August 2010
I wanted to dedicate this drawing to all mothers ( and fathers). This was drawn for all my cousins and friends who has children of their own. I wanted to capture this special day that even delighted the angels. The arrival of your child. I feel even the angels can't resist a beautiful new baby. These angels are to protect mother and child. I love this drawing and wanted to display it early as well. Drawn August 2010                                  
Here are a couple of fairies I started. I have always been fascinated with folklore and myths.This is dedicated to a great teacher I had at a California college who taught me about the fairy world. Thank You!!! I wanted my fairies to have some what insect quality to them. I draw them more like humans (which will be coming soon). This is my mother fairy telling folklore stories about us! I love mother and daughter subjects since I am very close to my own mother. I love the interaction between them in this drawing. I will also continue to work on this drawing in color. This is a recent idea. Drawn August 2010
This is my ordinary butterfly fairy. I wanted to draw the whole figure for this one. I tried to give her more of a small size stature in which her clothes are made from leaves and grass. She has a slight shyness in her attitude. She is uncertain of getting too close to people in fear of getting caught by mistaken identity. I love large almond shaped eyes. I am not sure what colors to use for her at the moment. I am creating backgrounds and family for her and possibly a male friend! If any one has color ideas let me know! She was created August 2010 as well!
This one I wanted to title "OOP'S A Daisy!" It shows two of the little fairies playing on a Black eyed Susan (another favorite of mine!). One of the fairies slides off the petal while the other tries to pull the petal up to reach her. I always think of fairies being a little too mischievous for their own good. Even they have there embarassing moments. This will be continued in color and background. August 2010
I decided to try to design Zodiac images as well. More will come soon. I am working on Virgo and Leo now as well as more angels and fairies. I have always had a fascination with the zodiac and horoscopes. This one above is my sign of Aquarius. I roughed this idea and continue with different looks and styles. I love my sign's idea right now even though it's an idea I wanted to share right away! August 2010.
This is an idea for Pisces. I automatically thought of mermaids instead of the usual fish. Mermaids are so fascinating so they were used. This is a work in project as well. I like were the idea is headed. Playful mermaids seemed so appealing for this sign. August 2010.
More zodiacs coming soon! I also draw other mythical beings. If any one has a request for any thing specific, please let me know. I love drawing and it would be a pleasure to try something new!
Thanks for visiting!
God Bless!
Nikki

8 comments:

  1. As your number one fan (perhaps number two, after you folks)of your art I must say that you impress me every time you draw a picture. Your imagination is just incredible and I so love your emotional interpretation of your Angels. I am so pleased that you have chosen to start drawing again and wish you much success in sharing your drawings with other. Just BELIEVE!
    Love and hugs, Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uau, is incredible your draws and paintings. I'm sorry my english, but I'm portuguese and I love your works. The drawings are so beautiful, they have so emotion and mother love, nature love and animal love...I'm impress and I wish you the best. I wish that you continue drawing for many years and present the draws in this blog for long time too. Sorry my english!
    Good bless you Nichole.

    Kisses, Joana Marcelino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for commenting! I haven't been well and now I'm back! Thank you for the positive message

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the angels and fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you color them? I know you could sell them as tubes at Artistically Inclined Licensing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks! i am adding some in color soon! I have some water colors i'm going to post

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks! i am adding some in color soon! I have some water colors i'm going to post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture with a guardian angel of animals, I want to make a tattoo with that picture if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete